Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why I love me some liturgy

Because I'm wandering around my house this morning, feeling wayward, lazy and very human.  I'm studying Carmen and I'm thinking about treachery, selfishness, sex, power and jealousy.  I'm worried about the role I'm learning, fearful of getting replaced, worried about money, my body and why the hell I'm doing all of this in the first place.  I can feel it all like a weight around my neck.  And then I remember the words of a prayer, because I repeat them every week at church:

Oh Lord, to you all thoughts are known, and from You no secrets are hid.  Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love you, and worthily magnify your holy name through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

God is present in all things, I can be radically present to Him at every moment, without shame, no matter what.

Which is a freaking amazing thought.

2 comments: