Friday, June 4, 2010

My feet were immortalized in song today

Apparently I'm the tall white lady in the black dress with the pretty feet.  At least, that's what one subway entertainer dubbed me the minute I stepped onto the downtown 2/3 this morning.  I was on my way to Home Depot to buy my second (and hopefully final) air conditioning unit because it is FREAKING HOT in New York today people!  I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings because I was mesmerized watching this You Tube video of my dad playing Vanilla Rice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybz_z-3o3lc&feature=channel

So, I stepped into the subway car, laughing at my Dad's dancing, when I hear, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I will now sing this next song for the tall white lady in the black dress.  I will sing it to this lady right here with the pretty feet.  Here we go."  And without further ado, he starts singing "I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day..." skips the rest of the verse and goes right into "I guess you'd say what can make me feel this way?  The tall white lady with the black dress and the pretty feet with the college degree."  He stops singing, looks right at me and says, "Honey, if you were my girl, we'd go back to my place and I'd serve you Kool-Aid.   We'd drink it out of mayonnaise jars."

And with that, he moved onto The Barney Song, sang a quick Feliz Navidad (which he pronounced Police Navidad), and then off he jumped to the 1 train. 

Guess I won't get that Kool Aid then.

4 comments:

  1. i love the idea of kool-aid out of mayo jars. definitely poetic. but one day, you can serve a boy maybe...wine... out of mayo jars and all will be rt with the world anyway.

    ReplyDelete