Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Head Shots Here We Go

I've scheduled headshots with my new friend and amazing photographer Corey from church for the 13th.  Ironically, we're going to shoot on a Sunday instead of praising the Lord, but Corey says we should be done in time to go to the 5 o'clock.

I don't like getting my picture taken (Corey says most people don't).  And one has to prepare for said picture taking by engaging in two things I don't really like to do:  spending money and making definitive decisions about my appearance.  It's very vulnerable making.

Also, Corey really wanted to photograph me, partly because I look like I can really bring the heat-- intense, larger than life, putting it all out there Joanna.   Which I'm still trying to get comfortable with in my skin, and I always feel a bit silly about, even though I know a. It's why I'm attracted to opera in the first place and b. It's what will sell tickets to my shows, or what's going to get me hired.  I feel like I'm gonna fail, or look dumb.  But hey, it's just Corey, a camera, and me.  What's to fear?

So here we go--teeth whitening (the cheap kind), gym every day (why not), eyebrow waxing, clothes shopping, and trying to decide about makeup and hair. 

So, all my actor friends, you may be getting a phone call here pretty soon to talk strategy: clothes, hair, makeup and prices.  And, if you've got a funny story to share, I want to hear that too!

No comments: