Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BBQs, dumpster diving and the pot smokers down the hall

Hello All!  I hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day weekend.  I got to go bike riding in Central Park with Brian...


...where all the best of NYC frivolity and exhibitionism was on display, and went to a BBQ on Monday.  Saturday night I played the heroine at the Amore Opera company-- the Third Lady that was scheduled got sick, so I got called in at the last minute (well, 2 hours before curtain) to sing Third Lady in The Magic Flute.  After the show, I met up with Brian and his two friends to go hear The Renaldo The Ensemble-- quite a show.  If you're in NYC, we should go.

Today is back to singing and the mundanity of daily life.  Although it was fun to acquire two new pieces of furniture from the trash...

Paramount is shooting a movie up the street and their trucks are all over the place.  I confess, it made me a bit homesick for Los Angeles.

And finally, coming back into the building, I ran into the residential pot smoker.  The common hallways of my 7 floor apartment complex act as a chimney for all the fumage, so you can always tell when they're partying.  Good to finally put a face with the smell.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, Joanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! I can't believe you found those in the trash!

    ReplyDelete