Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home for the weekend

One of the major pluses of being in NYC is that not only do I live in the same city as my brother, but I'm well within driving distance of my sister Monica in Richmond, VA and my parents, who live in western PA.

So when Monica went to my parents house for the week so her kids could attend VBS at our home church, and when my sister Dora dropped off her kids at Grandma and Grandpas last weekend while she and her husband moved into a new house, I got to go home and visit all my nephews at once.  A weekend of Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder (who knew there were so many different pieces of construction equipment!), swimming at the pool, playing at the playground, going for ice cream and settling disputes that frequently came up over a general reluctance to share. 

Best quote of the weekend:

Daniel, age 4, while walking to church:  Aunt Joanna, don't you love how the letter P is formed?

Pics:





3 comments:

  1. sharing is such a hard lesson. my sister, i realize, is very good at it. i still have a few kid issues with it.
    ps they are freaking cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. and did you know that the shape of the letter P is the ancient celtic symbol for Christ? i know, you don't have to say it. i'll stop now....

    ReplyDelete