Monday, August 16, 2010

Thankful, Part III

Well, my summer projects are over.  I've got an email into the photographer of my two shows, and if he gets back to me I'll post the pics of me as Marcellina and me as La zia Principessa.  Yesterday's performance to a packed out, standing-room only crowd, was super-fun and I probably did the best singing and acting job I have done to date in that moment.  So fun to peak right when you need to.

My parents came in for the show, and my cousin Roz, joined.  After the show, my brother joined us and we all went out to dinner and then back to my place for dessert.  I'm thankful, again, for my family's unwavering love and support of me as I do this nuttiness.  And for their willingness to buy me wine after shows!

So, what next?  I have disciplined myself not to ask that question until today, the day after I've completed the project.  The answer for today, and probably for the week, is to go do all the things I wanted to do but didn't this summer in New York.  So, hopefully, there will be some tennis, some listening to music in parks, to wandering along the rivers, museums, beaches, street food, and some salsa dancing.  Anyone want to join?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your performance-I sure wish I could've seen you in your element! And I would love to join you for some NY summer fun. Too bad flights and babysitters aren't cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am salsa'ing with you right now. i at first refuse the 2nd shot of tequila but i say, bar keep, no, nevermind, come back!

    ReplyDelete