Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thankful, Part II

The last two to three days feel like what I always imagined a good conservatory experience would be...I'm learning a lot, I have supportive colleagues and amazing teachers.   I'm trying new things on to see what they feel like, and I get to watch everyone else work through and grow in their roles.  I'm getting a ton of encouragement and a ton of positive feedback, the most gratifying of which is  'You listen and change so quickly.  I can really see you working hard and changing up your game in response to feedback.  Very proud of you.'

Plus, my director wants me to look very Mad-Men knock-out for my role.  So nice to have two roles where I was supposed to be ugly and instead I get to look diva.  Downside:  have to shop for this role.

Fascinating, but not surprising to me that all this happy goodness is happening now that my daily mantra is, 'God, I've come to the end of myself.  Help me to die, so that You can live in me.  Help me to let go and just trust that You have me.'  And then I (try to) stop worrying and just go for it, calmly and intentionally.  So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment