Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Openin'...


Here we are in all our glory.  The three ladies.  Honestly, I've never felt less buxom in my life. And we had a blast last night, such a silly sort of fun-- all of us running around in ridiculous costume, chatting backstage, running on at our cue, coming off stage and laughing at whatever hilarity occurred (and there was plenty o' hilarity).  

During the overture, I was already in place hiding behind this rock pile where the ladies first make their entrance, when Pamina (the star of the show) discretely flags me down and says I've got this glorious bouquet of roses waiting for me.  Turns out my very sweet brother sent me two dozen roses, which now look beautiful on my piano.  

I've been dating this guy Brian for the past couple of weeks, and even though I warned him that this might be an amateurish show, he insisted on coming, flowers in hand.  I met him after, he took me to a wine bar and we got to laugh and talk through the show.  He kissed me goodnight, put me in a cab and I was whisked away home.

I feel a little fairy princess-ish at the moment.  Now, if I can only lick this cold....

5 comments:

  1. Oh my we have SO MUCH to catch up on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was fun and that you got so many flowers, m'lady. That's only the beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, you look stunning my dear. Stunning! I'm SO, SO happy for you.
    Btw, I'm writing a lil' blog myself now (along side GOING GREEN!) check it out when you can:
    http://carolenh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete