Friday, April 30, 2010

Little West 12th

Last night was one of the most beautiful evenings in the city since I moved here.  Singing all day in the apartment, I finally left the my place around six and was surprised to find mild temperatures, a frolicsome wind to kick up my hair and a shiny sun to make me wish I had remembered my sunglasses.  It was an evening ripe for adventure.


And adventures I had, o yes.  I discovered the Meat Packing District along Little West 12th.  This area of NY promises to be a haunt for the upcoming summer months.  Not only is it near the new Highline Park, a groovy green space created on an old elevated railway bed running for blocks and blocks up and down the West Village, but it is also home to The Standard Hotel, which houses a BEER GARDEN, a huge outdoor area, sitting right under the aforementioned Highline Railway bed, and full to the gills with the afterwork drinking crowds.  Huge steins of beers, huge pretzels, lots of people, noise and fun.  I loved it.


The street is also packed full of amazing restaurants, including the one my brother works for, Pastis:


picture.jpg





I would recommend this area for any foodie visiting New York-- from the cobblestone streets to the industrial turned hip warehouses, it's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment