Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-Opera-Singer

I keep getting emails late at night from this coach I'm working with, who apparently has more roles than he has singers to do them, or something.  Anyway, I'm now in three shows in the next four months:

--Third Lady, Magic Flute:  I got this yesterday and it opens in two weeks.  Thankfully, in English.  Three to four performances.
--Marcellina, The Marriage of Figaro:  Someone dropped out, and did I want to do it?  I play an OLD lady, comically.  In Italian.  Oh dear.  July 25th.
--La Zia Principessa, Suor Angelica:  Fun, mean, evil aunt.  Can't wait.  August 15th.

Maybe this explains the air-headedness?  My head is stuffed with music!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for a head stuffed with music! Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Let those singing parts keeping rolling in until they roll you to the MET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Joanna! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing!! This is what you've been waiting for!

    ReplyDelete