Saturday, January 30, 2010

Starbucko's & Slowing Down

So, my apartment has no wi-fi.  And apparently it is wi-fi resistant.  I bought a USB attachment to my computer so that I could hook it up to Verizon's stellar network, but I think maybe the walls of my apartment are made of lead, because even it can't pick up a signal in my place.  Luckily, there is a Starbucks down the street from my place (shocking, I know) and it has this groovy second floor area where everyone goes with their school books, laptops, or novel, so I feel like I'm surrounded by colleagues as I write this to you.

I came here to download a copy of Carmen that I wanted to hear, since I'm learning the role for kicks.  I bought a tea, flirted with the Barrista, and came upstairs.  Place is packed, but I manage to score one of the last tables, plunk down my laptop and begin all the emailing, blogging, downloading and tidying up of my electronic life.  Then I realized, the couple next to me are breaking up.

How painful to overhear.  How I couldn't stop listening.  The girl, by the way, was gorgeous, but she was definitely getting dumped.  Sounded like they were exploring dating other people while still maintaining some sort of meaningfulness to each other, she violated some code of conduct, he felt betrayed, it was over.  Yikes.  I thought of leaning over and suggesting counseling, but thankfully, thought better of it in time.

I write this to you because I have no real news other than I have been happily sleeping, eating, staying warm, reading books, taking naps, cooking and doing practically nothing of note for the past few days.  Blissful boringness.  That's how you know you're in your thirties.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the perfect holiday! Only problem is that I doubt I'll experience such a holiday for the next 20 years of my life.

    ReplyDelete