Thursday, January 28, 2010

Not a tame lion? Hmm.

Sigh.  The Narnia Clubs is a catholic catechism program for kids in the New York City area.  I really wanted it to be a group of older white men sitting around, smoking pipes and discussing Lewis works, or enacting The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.  There's no romance left in the world...or is there?

Here's a picture from my stoop on 81st street.  It's snowing!  Well, it was snowing.  Now it's raining.  Still, this California girl felt like Christmas had come when she woke up this morning and saw the white fluffy stuff.



Happy day to you, whatever the weather!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer, I was hoping that the Narnia would be a little more exciting too...

    Well, as promised, here's my suggested outing, which is probably more of an evening out than a daytime activity: http://www.urbandaddy.com/nyc/624/PDT_New_York_City_NYC_Nightlife

    PDT is a speakeasy that you actually have to enter through a false wall in a telephone booth. I've read several reviews that encourage you to make a reservation before you go, but when I went we got right in. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete