Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Falcon has landed

Hey y'all,  just a note to say I'm here and I'm good.  My parents, bless their hearts, drove me the five plus hours into the city from their house in PA.  We reached the city, found the apartment, pulled into a driveway, and my mom stayed with the car while my dad and I schlepped my two suitcases, four boxes and assorted plastic bags into the apartment building to my new hidey-hole in 2A.  Unpacking took about 10 minutes.  The place is cozy and is decorated in a manner consistent with either my sister Dora or Jess, so it feels homey to me.

Spent yesterday finding the grocery store, finding the post office, shopping for post office boxes, joining a gym, and discovering cheap and good Thai food.  Not bad.  Today was church at All Angels (yep, still love it) and buying a connector to my computer for wireless access in my apartment (since no one has been so obliging as to leave their wireless signal unencrypted.  Meanies.).  So, I'm now wired, and celebrated by watching the latest episode of Burn Notice on my computer while simultaneously keeping track of the Jets/Colts game.  Although I shouldn't bother-- the guy in the next apartment over is a loud enough barometer of how the game is going.  Hoping the bars empty out so I can watch the Vikings/Saints on a stool somewhere.

Lots of opera singers around (even at my gym), lots of good contacts and good initial conversations.  Now to start making a list of what to do this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment